Tuesday 8 November 2016

je suis un va-nu-pieds, mais nu, les pieds vont quand meme

Currently sitting in YOW, waiting for our first flight. Big thanks to Pen's husband for waking and driving us at 4:30 am! On our way! For real! Can't believe this is actually happening!

Of all the things I'm worried about, it's her shoes. When we take her home from the orphanage (in like, 36 hours, maybe!), she does not get to take any clothes with her. I ran out and bought her the actual cutest dress in the world for her to change into on the way out the door, but nothing for her feet. I don't know what size she is. A Google search gave me an average, but who knows. And judging by the picture, it looks like she has giant hobbit feet! I could be wrong, but... I don't know. Looks like she'll be starting her life with us barefoot. 

We'll stop at a store on the way back to the hotel. Promise.

I should probably be worried about the mounds of paperwork and red tape we've gotta ninja our way through. Mike's taking care of worrying about that, though. I'll worry about the footware.

3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Can't wait to meet her

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting. I cant imagine how long that flight is going to feel and how wonderful it is to have her in your arms finally!

    ReplyDelete